Monday, July 6, 2009

The Traveler has been sent!


This is the great and beautiful cover to hopefully my latest book, The Traveler (thanks Cayo!). I love the cover, I think it will fit perfectly with the theme of the book. It has a mysterious yet spiritual feel to it.  I'm actually very happy that this project is finally done. It was a project that was 6 months in the making and I was starting to feel I didn't want to put any more energy into it. Not that I didn't like what I wrote, but it will be nice getting back to what I love most: writing poetry. 

The manuscript was sent today to the Managing Director of WriteLife Publishers. We talked about the project last June and she seemed fairly interested. She was also very interested in me sending her a copy of Detras del Biombo, which I will some time in the future. I'm optimistic they'll like the manuscript, but you never know, a change of the wind and an editor can just put that dream to the shredder.

Luckily for me, even if they reject the manuscript, I will still self-publish it and send out copies. I know that isn't the same thing, but oh well, you have to get your art out somehow, even if it is at your own expense.    

No comments:

Post a Comment