Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fine Lines Competition

Tonight I've been working hard on some entries for the Fine Lines competition (www.finelines.org). The first prize is $100 dollars and I think I have a good chance of winning it. Well I'm sure everyone else is thinking the same thing, but none the less I plan to win it. :-) 

The competition is unique because you have to write a fictional piece in 55 words or less. That might not sound very hard, but to try to write a story that has a character, plot and resolution in 55 words or less is pretty damn tricky. I have finished three of them tonight, each of them having exactly 55 words. Wahoooo! 

The three I'm entering are a chopped-up, finely-tuned version of some of the passage I wrote for The Traveler, which by the way, my little brother has been working really hard to finish the art work and they look absolutely  awesome! He's got so much talent and vision!

The competition deadline is Oct 31st so there is plenty of time to get that pencil to the pad and enter those stories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment