Saturday, November 6, 2010

Music In Poetry


I've added a new addition to my blog, its called Music In Poetry. I am basically reading some of my poems mixed in with some music. It's pretty cheesy, but cool at the same time. I have only put 4 of the 20 songs/poetry I have created.

I got the idea about a year ago. As a way to improve my poems. I decided to record myself reciting them. This gave me a better idea on where I wanted the pauses, how the tone of the poems was progressing and also the rhythms of the poem. After voice recording about 10 poems, I got the idea to put music behind it. I quickly learned how to use Garage Band and began cutting and looping some tracks. It gave a whole new dimension to my poetry. I loved it!

This is also a great way for people to get familiar with my poetry and also to promote it. The master plan will be to keep doing some tracks and putting them on the blog. Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment