Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bikes, Cars, and Poetry


It has been a crazy week and it is only Wednesday! Monday night I did a night bike ride with a bunch of guys who get together every Monday at Tranquility Park. The trail is about 6 miles longs and it is really close to my house which makes it even better. I wouldn't say that I "love" the trail, to tell you the truth, I actually don't really like it, maybe because it is in the city and so I don't feel it is a very natural ride like the other rides outside of town. However, this trail does give you a great workout, so I think of it as a "workout" trail.


The guys on the ride were very nice. Everyone seemed really into biking so it was a relief to see other humans as pumped about biking as I am. I did feel a little inferior though, since everyone had these awesome full-suspension bikes and I have a sucky bike I bought at sporting goods store, oh well, I'm saving up my pennies as we speak for a better one this coming spring.


I hope to ride a little this weekend, at least do Tranquility once, but I'm not sure how this weekend is going to pan out since I don't have a car...which bring me to my next point.


Tuesday morning, I got up to go for an early swim and to my great disappointment, my stupid ignition won't turn! I can stick the key inside but it won't let me turn it. I've tried everything from lubing the key, to stomping on the break, to even cussing and saying words my mother wouldn't want to hear me say. I've tried all night last night and again this morning. No luck. I think I must have triggered a safety device or something. Anyways, I'm getting it towed either today or tomorrow. I just pray it's not going to be expensive!


Poetry, oh yes...Since November is National Write a Novel month, I thought I'd challenge myself to get back in the swing of writing and try to write a rough new poem everyday for the next month. I realize much of it will be rubbish, but at least I can start to get the wheels spinning and begin that ever so daunting second manuscript!

No comments:

Post a Comment