Wednesday, October 13, 2010

PALABRA Literary Magazine publication


I'm so happy today because one of my poems made it to a very well known and respected literary magazine, PALABRA. Although I have known they were going to publish my poem since this summer, the actual magazine is out and available for purchase.

The poem they chose to publish is called: Girls with Ice Cream. It is basically a poem I wrote while I was in Mexico last year, just sitting in one of the many plazas and observing the dynamics of schools girls chatting while creepy strange old men look at them. You'll have to purchase a copy of the magazine to see what I'm talking about.

I must say that I feel pretty proud being among a sharp group of poets in this magazine, two of which I'm friends with, Yago Cura and Suzanne Frischkorn.

Support Latino poets and purchase a copy for yourself...you owe it to the inner poet in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment