Saturday, April 3, 2010

Latest Publication

After a long road-trip to Phoenix with my wife last weekend I received a wonderful surprise in the mail. I had received my contributors copy of "Ariel" from Triton College. There are numerous reasons why I was so excited to be published in this journal. First and foremost, as a aspiring poet, any publication for the most part is an accomplishment. After receiving rejection letter after rejection letter it is such a relief to know that someone out there recognizes your work and likes it enough to put it in their journal. Though this is not my first publication, this is definitely one that I am extra proud to be a part of. The editor, Paul Martinez Pompa, is the author of my favorite poetry book last year. His book titled, My Kill Adore Him, just blew me away. I loved it. After reading it from start to finish, I immediately re-read it, this time jotting notes in the margin. It it such an honor to have him pick my work to be included in his journal. Another reason that I am really excited about this publication is that I am among some great companions. Poets which I have heard great things about over the years. To name a few: Steve Cordova, Javier O. Huerta, Linda Rodriguez and J. Micheal Martinez. I really hope these poets enjoy my contribution to the journal. So as you can see, at the moment I'm floating around in poetry heaven! Lets hope I can continue to get recognized!

ps. The poems published were: Table Manners and Dubbed in English

No comments:

Post a Comment