Monday, April 26, 2010

Intro to Chicano Studies Summer 2010


Metro CC has agreed to offer a Chicano Studies course again this summer. The class will be offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8:55 pm. I am very eager to teach this class again, mainly because it will be a little different than the previous classes. If you noticed, I have changed the title, from "Chicano Literature" to "Chicano Studies". The change was recommended to me by a fellow colleague who suggested I change the name to make it more inviting. I think she was absolutely right. People tend to get a little nervous with taking a class that has the word "literature" attached to it. With the new title, it also gives me a little more freedom to pursue other cultural aspects of Chicanos, such as their art and music. I will still incorporate a lot of literature, but will revamp the course to include art and music.

Make sure to sign up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment