Thursday, August 13, 2009

Oaxaca/School/New Publication


Hi everyone! I'm back in the U.S. after a great trip to Oaxaca. The trip was great, there weren't any set back and the experience was truly remarkable. I should have some pictures posted on my Facebook pretty soon.

I'm back to school once again. The students arrive on Monday, but it has been nice to be back in my classroom with all my books and lesson plans. I think this will be a much easier year than the past two. I have learned so much every year and I think it should be a smooth ride, at least I hope, you just never know what to expect at a school as this.

Some great news! Hinchas de Poesia has accepted two of my poems to their journal. Wings and Old, Broken-Down Radio made the cut. I'm very happy that these two poems were accepted by this journal, since I respect the work of one of the editors. Yago Cura is one of the principal editor and I have recently purchased one of his chapbooks, RubberRoom. I truly enjoyed what he did with this chapbook. It is such a unique concept (he structured his poems as a script for a play) and I think it really hits home, because it's the story of a teacher's experience. Please check out their site and my poems.


No comments:

Post a Comment